Thursday, March 13, 2008

1 More Day and We're Off!



The packing is almost done, and we are less than 48 hours from the start of our trip.  The girls are so excited they are having a hard time falling asleep.  It's hard to believe it was 13 years ago that we were packing in anticipation of going to get our daughter from China, and now we are embarking on this adventure with our three beautiful girls.  I came across a fuzzy photo of me holding Maggie when we were in Xiamen.  If I recall, we were out sightseeing waiting to go for Maggie's physical which was required for the adoption.  Not far from where I am standing is where we got the strands of "Maggie Pearls" for our girls (Xiamen is known for its pearls and pearl divers).  It's hard to believe all the blessings bestowed on us back in 1996 and its even harder to believe when we look at our three girls today!  Well...back to packing.

6 comments:

The Francoeur's said...

We are so excited for all of you and look forward to sharing your adventure through this blog. Have a great trip. Hugs and kisses to all!

Papa and Nana said...

We love you all very much. Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to seeing China through your eyes/pictures. Remember to sleep on the plane, you'll get there faster. Hugs and kisses to all!

The Francoeur's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Francoeur's said...

Girls....I agree with Nana on sleeping on the airplane. I used to go to sleep when we left St. Louis and woke up in Florida!! It really works - trust me.

Papa and Nana said...

Nana has figured out this computer stuff. Think of us often - love you all. Nana and Papa

The Lockhart's said...

We are so excited for you all too. I am so glad you made it safely. I can't wait to see all the updates and posts. Keep the pictures coming. This technology thing rocks. Be safe and have a BLAST!!!!!

Maggie and Dad 1996

Maggie and Dad 1996
Maggie in 1996. "I'm a US Citizen!"